Ascent of the Virulent
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fan based Role Play group who gather to role play their dragon characters based in the world of Flight Rising. Not directly affiliated with FlightRising.com in any way.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wolf Moon (private rp)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet
Name: Unforgiven

Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 2:48 am

The next two days passed in an uneasy pattern of Valshar being kept drugged by Naya so he would rest enough, and then her making him eat when he came to between doses. He complained about not being able to do anything, but Naya made it perfectly clear that she would not let him reinjure himself again.

To that end she had stressed the seriousness of the matter to Melody. Whatever the two of them needed to discuss it would have to wait until he was out of danger of hurting himself all over.
Melody sat with the cubs curled up asleep beside her, except for Misha who had insisted on snuggling up under Valshar’s neck again. She understood Naya’s concerns and after seeing him hurt himself as he reacted to it the first time, she kept her plans to herself.

The disoriented touch of his mind drew her attention to him. She felt along their bond and reassured him. *I’m here, love. Be still.*

It had made her heart ache feeling the fear and worry in his mind touch each time he came to and didn’t see her or feel her touching him. She couldn’t really understand why he was so adamant about her not going to town, but wouldn’t bring the subject up until she was certain he wasn’t going to hurt himself trying to move.

Finally Naya decided that his wounds were starting to heal enough that she could reduce the amount of sedatives she needed to give him, but still cautioned Melody not to get him too excited until he was healed more.

Valshar stirred. It really did hurt to see him like that. Laying on his side, eyes open but unfocused as he tried to shake off the herbs that had been keeping him asleep. He looked over at her and the cubs and she noticed the muscles starting to bunch as he wanted to move. She sat the cub down and went over to him, gently caressing the furry head. He whined and buried his face against her.

*Hold me.* came the pained mental plea.

She held him close and the cubs waddled over to them, curling up against him as well. She felt Valshar’s body relax and he sighed softly before drifting back to sleep.

Naya came in and watched for a moment. “You know, that truly is the most powerful thing in the world to him.”

“Hm?” Melody looked up, confused.

“The bond of family. That right there would carry him to the ends of the earth, as long as he knows you’re there and you love him, he would endure anything.” She frowned, “It’s part of why his brother’s betrayal hurt him so deeply, every bit as much as what his brother had done.”

Melody winced, remembering the night she’d been taken by the vampire, and what horrible things Valshar must have endured because he’d given himself to protect her and their unborn cubs. She nodded, and gently rubbed the base of one ear.
Back to top Go down
https://aovrpg.rpg-board.net
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 9:22 pm

"How much sooner until he can move without pain?" Melody asked as Naya went to work on mixing another dosage of medicine. She could hear the thoughtful humming.

"Another week. I've sent some hunters out to bring back some more meat. It should help with the healing. Until then you stay where you are."

"Is there a reason why he doesn't want me to go to town?"

There was a pause in her work before Naya just shrugged and continued. "Perhaps the human hunters have him on edge. They are moving closer to our territory."

"I could most likely draw them away. I know a lot of people in the city....if I told them that the wolves moved down the northeastern trade route they would go after them." Melody replied thoughtfully, knowing that the roads were steep and harsh on travelers heading in that direction. "It would at least delay them long enough for us to move the pack without any future problems."

At that comment, she huffed when Naya let out a sigh. "Alpha won't even let you leave the pack, and that plan could backfire. Humans are unpredictable."

"Then why can't we try moving some of the pack as soon as possible? I could go get some horses and carts...and we can start moving the younger ones to safety before the other humans find us." Melody replied in a firm tone. "I know the hunters of this area, and they don't like wolves. They'll send more into the forests until they find us."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 3:51 am

Kynar came in to check on Valshar, and noticed Melody’s unhappy expression. He moved over and sat down beside her. “Looks like you have something on your mind besides worrying about him. Want to talk?”

She sighed, “I’m just frustrated Kynar. There’s business I need to take care of in town, but no one thinks I should go.”

“They’re right. It is too dangerous. I’m guessing with the condition he’s in he wasn’t able to tell you why though?”

She shook her head.

He frowned, “Just before Valshar left on the scouting trip to the new territory, we got word that Fredrick was back in the town, but not alone. He’s taken up with a group of Ke’drahl.”

Melody blinked at the unfamiliar word.

“They are pack-less wolves, wolves that either abandoned their pack or were driven from it, outcasts. And they do not respect any pack law, only rule they follow is kill or be killed. They are quite dangerous. Also, Fredrick knows how important you are to Valshar. No, Melody, you can’t go anywhere near town, it’s too dangerous.”

He reached over and put his hand on Melody’s arm, and then laughed when one of the cubs crawled up in his lap for attention.

“I’m going to go out on a limb and guess my nephew never really explained the bond you two share.”

“What do you mean?”

He took a deep breath, gently rubbing the cub’s belly. “The bond you two have is actually very rare among wolves. Oh sure, lifemates like Miriam and I have a bit of a bond naturally, but nothing like what you share with Valshar. A wolf like Valshar truly invests body, mind, heart, and soul into a bond, which is why he never accepted casual relationships. When he bonds to someone, it is for life, and is absolute. The only thing that can break that bond is death.”

She frowned, “He died once, I felt that.”

He nodded, “I know he doesn’t speak of that, and I won’t either beyond this- I saw what had been done to him. By all that’s holy I wish I had not, or that I could forget it, but I saw what he had endured.”

Her frown deepened at the memory of that night.

“Melody, he has tied himself- his very soul, to you. If anything were to happen to you, it would kill him. I also suspect that he has linked himself to the cubs as well. You see, Valshar is a rare wolf, what we call a soul weaver. He has the ability to link his own soul to that of someone he cares deeply for. But because it is such a permanent bond, and has such strong consequences for him, he doesn’t do it lightly.”

Melody looked at him, and then looked over at Valshar. “Why…?”

“It’s just the way he is, it is part of his nature. As I said, that’s why he never took to casual relationships, much to the disappointment of many she wolves. Beyond that, I can’t really answer, you’d have to talk to him about it.” He smiled. “I actually had come hoping he might be awake so I could give him the good news for how well the move is progressing.”

“How are things progressing?”

“Quite well. He had outlined some very detailed plans with the scouts who had gone with him, and we have the first group nearly ready to go. They should be able to start heading out tomorrow I think.” He sat the cub back down on the floor and got up, “I should get myself back to work. I’ll stop back by later on.”

Jenna had come by to help with nursing the cubs, and now all four were sound asleep. Melody lay curled up beside them, watching Valshar.

Suddenly she noticed him starting to move. His front paws flexed, claws scratching at the floor and his head moving from one side to the other as he whined and whimpered. She got up, careful not to wake the cubs and went over to him. She touched his shoulder and felt his muscles flinch.

“Valshar.” She touched him more firmly, “Valshar, I’m here, I’m right here, love.”

He twitched and whimpered but finally with her touch and gentle words he pulled free of the nightmare that had wrapped itself around him.

“Melody?” His eyes opened, and he sighed with relief when he saw her, leaning into her hand as she soothed the fur by his ears.

“I’m here love, it’s alright.”

He moved to lay his head in her lap, pressing himself as close to her as he could, whining at the pain the movement caused. She leaned down to kiss him and ran her fingers through his fur.

*Please don’t leave me.* his mind voice came, pleading into her thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 11:12 pm

*I would never leave you, love. Never. I'm here.* Melody's own voice echoed gently over the bond as she buried her face into his furry neck, the aching in her heart fading away when he fell back into a more calmed sleep.

She mulled silently over what Kynar had told her and it all but terrified her while the memories of Frederick kidnapping her returned. It's not something she wanted to experience again, or tear Valshar's heart into pieces if Frederick or one of his new 'friends' decided to kill her.

With a sigh, Melody leaned against Valshar, mindful of his wounds as she settled herself for a nap. She was exhausted.

The morning light was just starting to pour into the lair when Melody woke up to the whimpering of hungry cubs.

"Jenna will be back soon. She wanted to check on her cub."

She moved to lean up at the sound of Valshar's groaning voice. It was obvious that he was fighting the fresh dosage of medicine that Naya had given him. Melody was thankful she had slept through the process. It pained her just watching him drink the liquid with such annoyance flowing over their hazy bond.

"I'm going to send a messenger for Sani to pay a visit." She said quietly, rubbing his ear gently. Melody hoped that Sani would be able to take care of the legal matters with her having to go into town. She didn't want to worry him further or terrify him with the thought anymore, nor did she want to go to town knowing that Frederick was there.

The only good thought she had gotten from the whole scenario was that the ranch would sell quickly once it was put under her name, and then she would be free to take the horses and even buy needed supplies with the earned money.

That, and she also knew that the vampire had been anxious to see the cubs.

"I need to speak to her about a few things."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 2:11 am

Sani cooed at the cubs as they rolled and played with each other. “They really are adorable. I see he’s still got the bad habit of getting himself hurt.” She eyed the sleeping form of Valshar, “You know, I will miss you all when the pack moves, but I think it will be good for all of you to be somewhere safer.”

Melody nodded, “Think you can handle the sale for me then?”

“Oh, certainly, it’s not a problem at all. They are right though, some of my eyes around town have seen Fredrick as well, and he does look a lot more dangerous now. I’m glad you gave me a chance to come see the cubs, but I’m just as glad that you listened to them and stayed here.”

Melody nodded, “Seeing how worried he was, and then when I found out it was because of it being Fredrick, I wasn’t about to risk it. Thank you so much for everything you’ve done, I know we’ll miss you too. Maybe once in a while we can still come back to visit when the cubs are older.”

The vampire smiled, “I would like that. I’ll go now and get the paperwork handled, I’ll probably stop back by tomorrow or the next day for the final things that need your signature.”

“Alright.”

Melody looked up when she heard Valshar moving. “Valshar, what are you doing?”

She hurried to his side as he shifted to human form and then crumpled into a ball as the wounds painfully protested. He took several deep breaths as the pain washed over him, and he finally made it to sit up.

As she settled down beside him, Valshar pulled her into his arms and nuzzled her. “I know, I know. I wasn’t supposed to shift, but I needed to.”

She wiped the hair back from his face and kissed him softly, “Why?”

He smiled and kissed her back, nearly purring at her touch, “That. I needed to be able to hold you, and feel you holding me. Just not enough when I’m in wolf form sometimes.”

He leaned against her and let his head rest on her shoulder. “I love you.”

“I love you too, you silly wolf.”

She frowned as she caught a hint of something through their bond, “What is it?”

He looked at her, “What?”

“Valshar, you can’t lie to me. Also, Kynar told me a few things about this bond of ours, but we can discuss that later. What are you keeping from me?”

He sighed, “It’s not so much that I was keeping something from you, just not wanting to think about it.” He looked into her eyes and then glanced over to the cubs where they slept. “Naya hasn’t noticed it yet, or if she has, she hasn’t said anything about it.”

Melody looked at him, “What do you mean?”

He took a deep breath, clearly trying to decide on how to say something. “I shouldn’t still be this weak. The last few times I’ve been severely injured, it’s been taking more time for me to heal.” He sighed deeply, and closed his eyes. “My body isn’t healing or recovering as well or as quickly as it should anymore.”

She frowned, “Is there anything that could help? Maybe you should talk to Naya.”

He shook his head, “No, it’s the price I pay for being Alpha. It keeps taking its toll on me. Old Jaldor of the eastern pack is actually the exception at his age. Alphas rarely live past 400; if they make it to 500 they’re old. At 600 he’s practically ancient.”

He nuzzled her, burying his face against her neck and hair. “I’m just hoping with the pack moving to safer territory, I’ll be able to relax and in time see my son take over.”
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 2:59 am

"I wish you wouldn't say that..." Melody told him as she bit her lip and rubbed her hand gently over his back. "There is still plenty of time for you. As long as I can keep you out of trouble, that is."

Valshar chuckled lightly as he kissed her neck, grinning at the sound of protest Melody made. "Wouldn't that be the other way around? Hopefully that plan of yours to go to town is over and done with?"

"Sani will be back in a few days with the paperwork I need to sign. So yes it is."

She could heard the sound of approval from his chest and snuggled closer to him as he adjusted to sit more comfortably onto the mat. Being held felt so much more secure than laying next to his wolf form and the feelings over the bond made her wish that they were home at their cabin.

"So as long as Frederick and his new friends keep to themselves and Sani doesn't find a snag in the paperwork, the move of the pack will be smooth."

Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 4:03 am

Little Misha woke up and waddled over, nipping at Valshar. He smiled and picked her up. “Hello my precious.” He rubbed her tummy and she squeaked and wiggled happily.

“She’s going to be quite the beauty when she grows up enough to be able to shift.”

“Think so?” Melody watched him and smiled at the unmistakable pride in his eyes.

He glanced over at her and grinned, “With the most beautiful female in the pack as their mother, how could they not be?”

She blushed and hugged him tightly.

“We need to get the personal stuff and things we will need for a while out of the cabin and move back into the lair so they can start taking the cabin apart.”

“I could go work on that while you focus on recovering. I’m glad we won’t just be abandoning it, after all the work we put into it.”

He nodded, “It’ll be taken apart and sent in bits with the groups as they go, and they can store the materials in an empty lair until we get there.” His eyes brightened, “I can’t wait for you to see it, Melody. The new territory is everything we could ask for. We’ll be able to live in peace for a long time there.”

“I’m glad to hear that, and I’m looking forward to seeing it.”

The next morning brought a great commotion and Melody felt strangely uneasy as she snuggled against Valshar. The cubs seemed to feel it too, all four pressing close against their parents.

Valshar shifted to wolf form, whimpering as the injuries sent searing pain through his nerves. He locked his mental shields down tight blocking that pain from Melody, and placed himself in front of her and the cubs, ears straining to identify the source of the noises outside.

A wolf burst through the entrance of the lair and Valshar growled. Myron shook himself and bowed, “Alpha, forgive the intrusion. Fredrick and the Ke’drahl attacked a patrol, and are still at large. Kynar sent me to help protect Ney’sara and the cubs.”

Valshar nodded, trying not to show how much pain he was in. “I’m beginning to regret not killing him when I had the chance.”

“Bael and Davyn are outside. So they’ll have to get past those two to get in here.”

“I’m going to end this, that sniveling worm is not going to get away with this.”

“Valshar, you’re not well enough to fight.” Melody cried, worry filling her eyes.

He sighed, steeling himself for what had to be done. “I have to defend my pack.” He pushed himself out the door before she could stop him.

She looked at Myron and then huddled with the cubs, fear gripping her heart. He was still so weak, surely somehow they must have found out. Then she had a horrifying thought. “Myron, Fredrick may know about Valshar’s condition. It could even be possible he set it up if he told the hunter where to look for them, maybe he wasn’t specifically after Valshar, but he may have sent that hunter near our territory.”

Myron nodded, “I suppose it’s possible. We just have to trust that he’ll be alright. Alpha’s strong, I’m sure he’ll be fine.”
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 4:35 am

Not a moment later as Valshar passed the protesting wolves that blocked his path, the loud and cold-blooded snarls from the forest edge could be heard.

Thankfully, Naya had ordered that most of the pack return to their lairs in fear of the safety for the females who had cubs. The males of the pack were restless, growling in warning as a large group of wolves being led by Frederick made their way into the clearing. The smug look on the brown wolves face made Valshar want to rip it off.

Despite the screaming pain from his wounds, Valshar stood as tall and proud as he could the closer the wolves moved, seeing the cold glint in the group's eyes and Frederick's knowing smirk.

"The Ke’drahl are not welcome here." He snarled out angrily.

Frederick's smirk only darkened as the wolves around him moved closer to fill the area.

"A welcome doesn't matter to us." Was the smooth reply. "We are here to take your pack for ourselves."

Snarls from Valshar's own pack members seemed louder than before at the challenge. All eyes were moving to him as he stepped forward.

No official words were said before Frederick took a running leap at Valshar, tackling him to the ground and tearing into his side right above where his wound had barely started to heal itself. Valshar could see that the other wolves were surrounding them, keeping his own pack from coming to his aid if he had needed it.

The pain was overwhelming as he managed to shove Frederick off of him and he could feel that the tended wounds had been reopened.

"It would seem that my human familiars found you." Frederick cackled, noticing the limp Valshar now had from the fresh wounds. "It's a shame they didn't finish the job. I was hoping that it would have been easy to take your most precious possession from you...the Ke’drahl and I have been wanting to start a pack of our own and she would have been a perfect addition."

Those words built a rage in Valshar, his amber eyes burning to gold and then bleeding into red as he lunged at the smirking wolf.

Minutes seemed like hours, and with each cry of pain that Melody heard from outside the more terrified she had gotten. The cubs had huddled themselves on the moss bed in the corner of the room and whimpered at each sharp shrill cry from Valshar they heard.

The most terrifying part of it was that Melody knew he had locked the bond.

When Bael and Davyn moved closer toward her once the snarling quieted down the tears started to form. The two guards and Myron were snarling dangerously with their fur flared out more than she had ever seen before.

"I am a merciful wolf. Your Alpha spared me my life so I guess I can spare him his own...though I don't know how much longer he will last with those crippling wounds." A voice echoed through the lair.

"You're nothing but a coward, taking advantage of him like this." She could hear Bael growl, the sounds of Naya in the background barking out orders nearly drowning out the snarls.

Without a second thought, Melody stood and rushed for the lair entrance. She ignored Myron's yell for her and managed to slip by her two guards.

When she saw Valshar on the ground, not moving as a smug Frederick stood nearby covered in his blood she let out a scream of horror. Naya's head shot up when she heard Melody, yelling at Davyn to take her back inside.
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 5:17 am

Melody’s scream ripped through him, rage burned through every nerve blocking out the pain. Valshar forced himself to his feet as he tapped into reserves he had hoped he wouldn’t have to use. He leapt at Fredrick as the brown wolf moved toward Melody.

He was so smug in his victory that it wasn’t until one of the other Ke’drahl shouted, that Fredrick turned but Valshar was already on him. The black wolf’s teeth sank deep into his shoulder. They twisted, snarling and clawing at one another as Valshar sought to force Fredrick off his feet. He lost his grip and Fredrick managed to roll away but stood shakily, dripping blood from his wounds.

“Damn you, how are you not dead yet?” He snapped at Valshar.

Valshar grinned, despite the extreme pain. “Something you will never understand.”

Bael and Davyn had managed to catch Melody and pulled her back into the lair to safety. Valshar’s eyes changed, flashing ice blue as he reached deeper into himself. His fur shimmered as though coated in starlight.

“You should know better than to repay mercy with treachery, worm. I will not spare you again.”

The Ke’drahl all began to close in around him. There were eight wolves, plus Fredrick who growled as he moved toward Valshar. They all lunged, snapping and snarling, hoping to overwhelm him by sheer numbers.

Inside the lair Melody cried, huddled with the cubs, frustrated that they’d pulled her back in, even though she knew why. The sounds of the fight outside grew to a fever pitch as the growls and howls, and snarling became almost frantic. She reached for their bond, but he had locked it to her. She could feel that he was still alive but beyond that she couldn’t get anything from it.

Suddenly all four cubs sat up straight and raised their muzzles, howling in unison as they had never done before. She stared at them, blinking in shock. It was not a howl of pain or sorrow or fear, but one of encouragement. Around her, every wolf picked up the notes and began to echo them. Soon every wolf in the pack was howling.

Valshar felt the energy surge around him as the pack joined in a song of unity. He twisted and kicked as the last wolf between him and Fredrick fell. He’d torn their throat out and locked his cold eyes on the brown wolf who backed away, realizing this was not just Valshar he was facing. Somehow he had gravely mistaken the black wolf’s true nature, or his abilities.

Finally fear, and realizing he was now alone again overwhelmed Fredrick and he dropped to his belly, whining. His whimpers and cries for mercy were ignored as Valshar closed in on him and put one paw heavily on top of his head. He lowered his head down to whisper to Fredrick.

“You never truly learned the secret did you?” The brown wolf’s eyes went wide and he struggled to shake his head with Valshar’s paw pressing down on it. “An Alpha’s strength is his pack.”

He snapped Fredrick’s neck and kicked dirt at the body as he turned and walked away from it.
Kynar came forward as did two others to help support Valshar and guide him back into the lair. The healers all gathered around as well.

Melody looked up, tears running down her face when she saw how horribly he had been injured. Given what he had confessed to her earlier, it made her worry even more. She looked up at Kynar as Valshar collapsed on the mat, struggling to breathe as the healers began working on him.

“What happened?”

Kynar frowned, “Remember I told you he was a soul weaver?”

She nodded.

“Well, that power just saved him, mostly, but it takes a great deal out of him to use it, which is why he never does unless it’s a dire emergency.”

“Will he…?”

“All we can do is pray, and hope. It’s the worst I’ve ever seen him, and him still be alive.”

She wanted to go to him, but the healers needed their space, and she knew she’d just be in their way. Then she noticed Misha walking to her father.

“Misha, get back here!”

The little cub ignored her, touching her nose to her father’s. His eyes fluttered open briefly and he smiled at her before his eyes dimmed, glazing over from the pain.

Melody felt the connection again and she reached out to him, “Valshar?”

*I love you.* The mind voice was weak, faltering and sounded faint even though he was right there. That worried her even more.

“Valshar don’t you dare leave me and the cubs, we need you.” She sent along the bond as strongly as she could.

*Just hold on to me. Need you and the cubs to be my beacons, my anchors.* He fell silent as he slipped into the oblivion of unconsciousness.
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 11:39 pm

"Valshar if you survive I am going to scream your ears off, you stupid wolf." Melody cried angrily, pulling the cubs out of the way of the healers that rushed into the group already working on the wounds. "You should have stayed down. You didn't have to overdo it like this. You could have trusted the pack to keep us safe, and now look at you...."

She touched his muzzle as she tried to feel for him over the bond. It had felt like hours had gone by before she felt someone pull her gently away from him. "Ney'sara, come with me. You need to give the healers some space." Myron's voice managed to get through over the busy noises and her hiccups. Even Jenna had found her way into the lair, and she was herding the cubs over to the bed despite their obvious discomfort in leaving Vlshar's side. Even Misha fought to stay near his scruff, only to be shooed away by Naya or one of the other healers.

"If he survives this I will kill him myself." Melody whined angrily into Myron's shoulder as he gently lifted her up and carried her farther into the lair where Kesra was putting together a few more beds.

"Don't worry, Ney'sara. He'll pull through." The wolf assured her. "And when he is better, then you can hit him as many times as you want. But don't tell him I said that."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 12:50 am

Slowly the steady murmur of hushed voices and activity grew still, and Melody looked up as Naya came over to her. The old healer’s face was grim, and it was obvious she was exhausted.

“We’re all worn out, and there is nothing else we can do for him except to pray. I’ll be back in the morning.”

She nodded and watched as all the wolves filed out of the lair until it was just her and the cubs left to watch him. She bit her lip as she looked at him now that he wasn’t surrounded by healers. His black fur was nearly invisible, almost entirely covered by blood stained bandages. He looked more like a mummy than a wolf. Even his tail was wrapped where it had been snapped in the fight. One ear had been shredded and had been patched and bandaged as well as they could.

She sighed and curled up with the cubs. Worry gnawed at her, and the helplessness she felt just made things worse. She tried to sleep, but couldn’t relax. Suddenly she heard something and looked back toward Valshar.

A pale colored wolf stood beside him but as Melody blinked her eyes, she realized she could see through the wolf. The she wolf raised her head and Melody gasped, the eyes were nearly identical to Valshar’s.

“Come to him. He needs you.” She said softly.

Melody stood up and walked over, “What can I do? I’m no healer.”

The wolf smiled warmly, “Dear one, you are far more than you realize, or he would not have bonded himself to you so strongly.”

“You’re…”

“Falwyn, yes. I was unable to be there when my son needed me after losing his first mate, but I can help him now, if you help me.”

Melody nodded and settled down beside Valshar.

“Put your hand over his heart.”

Melody did so and felt her breath catch in her throat. “I can barely feel it beating. He’s dying isn’t he?”

Falwyn nodded, “He stands at the edge of the void. What he did today used up all that he had, and he has no strength left to find his way back. We must help him; you must lead him back to us. If we do not help him, he will fall and be lost.”

Melody fought back tears, “Why? Why did he have to do it? He could have just stayed where it was safe.”

Falwyn shook her head, “Valshar did what had to be done. Those who had come were bent on doing harm. They wanted him and would not have stopped until they got him. Innocent lives would have been lost if he had not gone to fight them. He knew that, even though it cost him greatly.” She chuckled lightly, “My son never was one for half measures. Always all or nothing with Valshar.”

She took a deep breath, trying to push the worry aside. “What do I do?”

“Feel the love you have for him, let it flow through you to him like a river. Find that bond you share with him and wrap that love around it, and hold it tightly. I will be helping you.”

Melody closed her eyes, focusing on the bond between them and the faint sensations she was getting from him. She wasn’t sure how long she’d sat like that, pouring her love into their bond but eventually she heard Falwyn’s soft voice.

“There, slowly now, don’t exhaust yourself, the cubs need you too. Easy. Move your hand now and relax your grip on the bond, but don’t let go of it.”

Melody shook her head, feeling a little dizzy, but she could feel Valshar more clearly through their bond, and his heartbeat was stronger now.

Valshar stirred, his eyes fluttering open. “Mother?” he managed, his voice still weak and barely more than a whisper.

Falwyn nuzzled him, “Hush, my precious one. I’m here but only briefly.”

“I miss you.”

“I know, and I am so sorry for everything. Your destiny has not been an easy path. We are all very proud of you though, don’t ever forget that. I will always be in your heart, and I will always love you.”

She looked over to Melody. “Take care of each other, and the cubs.” Slowly her form shimmered and faded.

*Melody?* Came the mind touch.

“I’m here love. Just rest, you need to get well enough for me to box your ears for making me worry so much.” She said as she gently caressed his cheek and muzzle.

*Gladly. I’m sorry but I had to.*

“I know, just don’t do that again.”

He moved his head slightly in a half nod. *Only second time I ever have. Don’t plan on making a habit of it.*

He let his eyes close, feeling her warmth and gentle touch.

Naya came in the next morning to find Melody and all four cubs curled up around Valshar, sleeping soundly. She moved quietly hoping not to wake them and reached down to touch his head.

His eyes opened briefly, and then he drifted back to sleep surrounded by his family. Naya smiled, saying a quiet prayer of thanks that he’d survived the night.
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 11:58 pm

"You fuss too much." Melody scolded Misha as she whined.

After she had woken up, the young cub had buried herself into Valshar's fur and causing him some slight discomfort. Melody had all but wrestled the little ball of fur in an attempt to help and it had taken a good amount of time before Misha wore herself out. Her brother and sister started to wake from the fussing and started to crawl over Melody, adding to the renewed struggle.

Melody finally gave up when Misha slipped away from her and back over to Valshar, this time shoving herself underneath his paws.

"Misha, your father is trying to sleep." She scolded in a firm whisper, stopping herself from grabbing the cub again when she heard Valshar's tired laugh.

"She's fine now, love."

"You're anything but fine....and expect to be scolded yourself when you're feeling better." Melody replied.
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 1:03 am

Valshar smiled and nuzzled the little cub before pushing himself up to his feet. Melody frowned and began to fuss but he shook his head.

“I’m alright, love, or at least I will be now.” He moved over to nuzzle her and lick her neck softly.

She gently swatted at his uninjured ear. “You’re far from alright, you silly old wolf.”

He laughed and sat back on his haunches. “I think we could safely go back to our lair. That way you can help direct what gets kept, and what gets dismantled and sent along with the groups for the move.”

“Are you really sure you’re up to that much of a walk?” She looked at him worriedly.

“Yes, I can make it that far, taking it at a leisurely pace, even the cubs could keep up easily.”

“Alright then, but if you overdo it…” She threatened tenderly.

Melody woke up, feeling remarkably happy to be back in their familiar lair. She blinked sleepily, and then frowned when she noticed Valshar’s absence. Sitting up, she looked around and then shook her head.

“What are you doing? You weren’t supposed to shift?”

Valshar grinned up at her, all four cubs crowding around him and the large bowl of goats’ milk and meat mix that he was feeding them.

“You needed the rest, and I wanted to help with the cubs. Jenna sent word that her sister needed help so she wouldn’t be by till later.”

She sighed and pulled on her robe and moved to join him as Vythrin broke off and whined at her for attention. “Your son’s as spoiled as you are.” She teased.

Valshar chuckled, “At least maybe he’ll be smart enough to not need to be slapped first.”

“Maybe.” She grinned.

He leaned back against the wall as the cubs started to fall asleep again. Misha crawled up in his lap and nuzzled him for a belly rub.

“Kynar was by earlier, brought by some fresh meat for us until I’m back up to hunting again. I am happy that the move is going well. He said the second group is almost ready to head to the new territory. I’m really looking forward to being able to show it all to you. I should be almost fully healed by the time we’re ready to move the last of the pack.”
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:34 am

"As long as you make sure not to strain yourself before then." Melody chuckled, scolding Misha again when she let out a miserable sounding whine when Valshar didn't immediately pay attention to her.

After a few hours had passed, the cubs and Valshar had fallen asleep, giving Melody some time to herself while helping one of the other wolves corral the last few stray chicks into a pen with the others. It had taken some dramatic pleas on her part since Kynar wanted her to stay with Valshar for a while longer but she refused knowing that it would help lighten the load. If it would help make the move smoother she would make sure Valshar spent as much time recovering as possible. Sani had even paid a visit, offering to stay until they moved so that she could see everyone off. It had taken some bribing from Valshar to make sure that Sani didn't somehow 'accidentally' end up keeping Telani with her when they left.

Valshar didn't like the idea as much as she had thought but the next few days that passed, he seemed more and more active. Even shifting back and forth a few times only to receive a scolding look from Naya when she visited.

It was on the fourth day when Melody swore all of the mixed feelings of the move would wear her down far before the work would. Even as she directed a group of wolves that had set to work on taking down the cabin, her hands shook with excitement but her stomach twisted whenever she thought about what could go wrong.

Then she would remind herself that nothing would go wrong, and then she would busy herself again with anything she could. Whether it was gathering food for the trip, organizing items as they were loaded onto the carriages, or figuring out which wolves would need a lift and which ones could safely walk at least some of the distance, Melody knew she would return to the lair exhausted again.

Just as the sun started to slowly fall behind the trees, everyone paused what they were doing when they heard a loud yell coming from the lair and Valshar in his wolf form dashing through the door, nearly cackling with laughter while Sani's voice bellowed out with random objects being flung at him.
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 11 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 9:29 pm

Sani stood with arms folded over her chest, just out of the reach of the fading sunlight that shone into the doorway of the lair. Valshar looked back at her, tongue lolling to one side in a lopsided wolfish grin.

“You impossible rogue. Don't think I've forgotten that you promised me a ball for you two. It's been nearly a year now since the wedding, and you already even have children. I am not letting you leave here without giving me a chance to throw that party you agreed to.”

Valshar shook his head. “We have a lot to get done, Sani. The last group of the pack is supposed to be ready to go soon. The horses and wagons are due back in the next few days.”

She shook her head. “Enough excuses. You have a few days, that's plenty of time. I can have things ready and hold the ball tomorrow night. The two of you can come early and I can have a couple servants help Melody with holding you in a bathtub for a good scrubbing.”

Valshar grimaced, and glanced at Melody who was trying hard not to burst out laughing at the idea.

“What do you think?” He asked her, though he already resigned himself to her siding with Sani.

“I think it would be fun, if we can find someone willing to watch the cubs for the evening. It will be our last chance and you did promise Sani she could hold a ball for us.”

He sighed. “Fine.”

Melody was looking forward to the ball, despite Valshar's reluctant fussing. They had arrived early at Sani's manor which gave them time to take a bath and get dressed. Sani had loaned her a gown for the evening. After enjoying a nice warm bath, and having one of Sani's servants helping her with her hair, Melody took a better look at the gown as she put it on. It was a soft deep green velvet with silk at the sleeves, neck and trim done up with gold embroidery. Once she was dressed and satisfied she was ready, she headed down to the ballroom and found Sani.

The vampire beamed and smiled broadly, “You look wonderful! I thought those colors would suit you. Where's that scruffy rogue?” She glanced around, looking for Valshar.

He cleared his throat as he stepped around the corner, “I'm right here.”

Melody and Sani both looked at him and could hardly recognize him. He was dressed in a well cut and well fitting suit of dark blue with silver trim. His normally wild, shaggy mane of hair was brushed out and neatly tied back with a black ribbon.

He smirked and gave them a graceful bow. “So does it meet your approval?” His eyes met Melody's with a mischievous twinkle.
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 8:31 pm

"[i]This[i] is the scruffy wolf I arrived with?" Melody asked in a surprised tone, making Sani burst into a light fit of laughter. But even she had to admit that Valshar knew how to clean up for a party despite how much he loathed wearing the stiff suites and having to deal with taming the shaggy mess of hair he usually sported. The look in his eyes brightened and he laughed as well while taking Melody's hand into his, leading her towards the room where the party was being held.

The look Melody had given him after he had told her not to get used to seeing him dressed so nicely, she huffed lightly. "I think we should come here more often if you dress like that to parties! We can even have someone watch the cubs, and then we can take some time off to spend here....a few days at a time maybe? I do love the dancing. And then it feels refreshing to be around humans again. I would miss the city so much now that we're moving farther away."

It was easy to tell that she was excited, judging by how Melody prattled on about everything she could and smiling more brightly the closer they had gotten to the room. Sani would miss having the young woman's company and hoped that they did intend to at least attempt to visit when they can, and even bring the cubs when they were older so that she could spoil them further.

The moment the reached the massive doors leading to the ballroom, Melody turned to Valshar. "Will you be my first dance for the evening, love?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wolf Moon (private rp)
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ascent of the Virulent :: The Scarred Wastelands :: Plague RP-
Jump to: