Ascent of the Virulent
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fan based Role Play group who gather to role play their dragon characters based in the world of Flight Rising. Not directly affiliated with FlightRising.com in any way.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wolf Moon (private rp)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet
Name: Unforgiven

Wolf Moon (private rp) Empty
PostSubject: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 4:38 pm

The band played another waltz and the ballroom floor was a swirling myriad of colorful gowns as people danced. He sighed deeply, and then took a sip of his drink. Turning his head at the sound of footsteps approaching, he spotted the hostess of the party.

“Valshar, you’re supposed to be mingling, not decorating my walls sulking in the shadows.”  She smiled, her bright eyes gleaming with mischief.

“Sani, I appreciate your intentions, but I really don’t think this is a good idea. I shouldn’t be here. The moon is full.”

She shook her head and laid a gentle hand on his arm. “Don’t use that full moon excuse on me, I know you too well. You’re perfectly capable of controlling your… self.”

Valshar emptied his drink and sat the glass on a tray as a server walked past them.
“That may be so, but I still don’t belong here.”

He reached up absently running his fingers through the shaggy black mane of hair that framed his face. His odd amber eyes met her stubborn gaze.

“Don’t you think you could at least try to enjoy yourself, even a little? As I recall, when you put your mind to it, you are a half decent dancer.”

“I’m not going to dance, Sani.”

She rolled her eyes and huffed slightly. “You are utterly impossible.”

He tilted his head with and gave her a wry half grin. “I’ve been telling you that for years.”

Sani gave him a friendly swat on the shoulder. “Fine. Just don’t drink all of my whiskey again.”

He sighed, “It wouldn’t help even if I did.”

Valshar watched as she paused long enough to give him a long disapproving look before returning to the ball and the rest of her guests. He knew she meant well in her insistence on his attending, but it was just difficult for him to enjoy being around crowds of people. A subtle scent caught his attention and he smiled in spite of himself.

On the other side of the ball room, the doors to the large garden courtyard were open and the crisp scent of early winter was drifting through the hall. He started to make his way toward the doors. If he couldn’t leave the party yet without upsetting his friend and hostess, perhaps he could at least escape briefly to the garden.
Back to top Go down
https://aovrpg.rpg-board.net
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:23 pm

It didn't take long for him to weave his way through the crowd, idly grabbing another drink from a waiter that had been conversing with a guest. When a few high-pitched laughs from his companion echoed throughout the already noisy room, Valshar all but visibly cringe as he pushed through the door and let out a long sigh of relief.

Tension he had been feeling for most of the evening melted away almost entirely once the door closed behind him.

"Such a shame..." Valshar mused out loud to himself as he remembered Sani's words from earlier. Nothing seemed more appealing than to lose himself; to ease his ever-active mind in the lonesome silence that the balcony over the garden offered. But to go through with it wouldn't have been worth his friend's disappointment in him.

Too bad a party wasn't a scene that the werewolf enjoyed as much as Sani.

In spite of the chilled air he took a few mild sips of his drink and tried to think of something that wouldn't drive himself to the darkest parts of his mind.
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Valshar took a deep long breath of the crisp air and turned his amber eyes to the full moon overhead. The soft silvery light made the carefully sculpted evergreen shrubs in the garden seem almost surreal. A part of him would have given anything to break free and run in that pale moonlight.

He shook himself out of the moon thrall and emptied his glass quickly. Don’t do anything stupid. He reminded himself. He sat the glass down on a small table and leaned against the railing around the veranda.

Sani had watched as Valshar headed outside and sighed deeply. A man walked up beside her and slipped one arm around her waist.

“Well, you know what they say dear. You can take the wolf out of the woods, but can’t take the wolf out of the man.”

She turned her head and glared at him. “I am not in the mood for your snide comments Alexander.”

He shrugged. “I was merely stating a fact. I know he’s your friend, but honestly, anyone who even looks at him twice could probably see that he’s uncomfortable in this setting.”

“I suppose you think I should just let him destroy himself?”

“Of course not, but you can’t force things either.”

She scowled, “I know, but I couldn’t stand the idea of him either sulking around the forest or wearing out his welcome at the tavern because he dwells on things too much.”

Valshar turned around, still leaning against the railing, and looked at the doors back into the ballroom. He tried to swallow and found his throat getting dry just at the thought of going back into the crowded room. He knew he should, if only to be polite to his hostess. Sani did always love her parties and put a lot of work into them.

Mustering his courage and with one last longing look at the moon, Valshar walked back through the doors into the party as the band struck up a lively reel. He gratefully accepted a drink from a passing servant and took a sip.
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 8:51 pm

"Lord Alexander, don't sound so rude. Things like this take time." Cut in a light voice before he could respond back to Sani's remark. "If you're going to say such things perhaps you should be the one standing outside?"

Sani couldn't help but chuckle at the sigh Alexander made when he turned to face the curly haired brunette that approached them. "Listening in on private matters again, Melody? And you claim that I am rude."

"I can't help overhearing if you speak so loudly, my Lord. " The young woman replied with a smile as she performed a small curtsy. "I sincerely didn't mean to intrude. My brother sends his regards as he could not be here tonight. He has another business offer he wishes that I speak to you about." Melody offered in a cheery tone. "After a dance, of course."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 9:57 pm

Sani chuckled and urged Alexander off to the dance floor. She glanced around the room and spotted Valshar. With a grin she headed over to him.

Valshar was on his fourth drink, leaning against the wall when he spotted Sani making her way over to him again. He sighed and knew that even if he’d wanted to, there was no way he could evade her.

“Come on, you. I will not take no for an answer this time. You’re going to dance with me.”

He stifled an exasperated groan and sat his glass down.

“No way I can get out of it, hm?”

“Nope, now let’s go.”

The band started up another bright and lively tune as they reached the dance floor. Valshar resigned himself to the inevitable dance and did his best to remember the steps to avoid embarrassing his companion.

As the dance ended, he bowed, and chuckled. “So why are you dancing with me and not Alexander?”

She laughed. “You’re a better dancer.”

“You’re a terrible liar, Sani.”

Sani grinned, “Fine, he was already dancing with Melody, and I was too bored to stand around any longer. You happened to be free, so there you have it. Besides, I told you I’d get you out there before the night was over.”

He gave her a lopsided half smile, “Don’t suppose an old wolf like me could call it an early night now?”

“Not a chance.” She gave him a mockingly stern look with hands on her hips. “You promised not to sneak off early this time.”

She gave him a light nudge. “Now go on, go mingle. If I catch you holding my walls up again, I’ll make you dance all night.”

He frowned, “That’s not even fair.”

She smirked. “Whoever said I played fair?”
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 2:23 am

Valshar's frown deepened when he noticed Alexander lead Melody in his direction as Sanri turned to leave and speak to a group of guests nearby.

"If I had known you were such a fine dancer I would have come to you in the first place. Would have saved me a bit of embarrassment!" Melody chimed happily, not seeing the looks the passed between both Valshar and Alexander. It wasn't until Valshar reached for another drink did she turn to him with a smile. "I saw your dance with Lady Sanri. For someone who says they aren't a good dancer, you look as if you're an expert! May I have the next one?" She asked eagerly.

Alexander smiled smugly. "Oh yes, he would be more than happy. A gentleman such as himself could never turn down a lady's request for a dance. Better to be occupied than stand around and look like a sulking lost pup."

Valshar quickly bit back the remark he had when Melody moved forward to take his arm. He was starting to feel trapped again and wished that he had stayed outside.

He also wished he could wipe the smug grin off of the vampire's face.

"You and Sanri should join the group as well! Having the Hosts of this grand party participate in a dance would be a sight." The little brunette quickly added when she noticed how stiff Valshar suddenly seemed as she looped her arm around his elbow. It wasn't until she noticed this that she actually felt a tension between the two males. "Maybe a few more drinks wouldn't hurt as well!"
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 2:42 am

Valshar’s amber eyes flashed with contained anger at the vampire’s jibes. Remembering his manners and where he was, he turned his attention to the young lady who took hold of his arm.

“I would be honored if you’d accompany for a dance, m’Lady. I only apologize in advance if I’m a little out of practice.” He glared past her to Alexander. “Unlike our esteemed host, I don’t attend many such functions.”

As he began to turn with Melody toward the dance floor, he smirked slightly as he caught Sani catching hold of her husband’s arm with a furious gleam in her eyes. No doubt he’d be getting an ear full very soon.

The band rolled into a slow waltz and Valshar swallowed hard and tried to keep his composure as he felt Melody position herself close to him for the dance. Gently he placed his hand on her waist while taking her other hand in his with a polite inclination of his head. He managed a smile as he caught her happy expression as they turned through the steps.

He was glad when the music finally faded and they swirled to a slow stop. For a moment however, he felt his heart skip a beat as he caught the look in Melody’s eyes as she smiled warmly at him before politely pulling away to a respectable distance.

Finding his voice, he offered, “Would you care for anything to drink?”
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 3:35 am

"I think some wine would be perfect." Melody replied timidly, feeling her smile widen unintentionally before she let out a small laugh. "Anything else here is too strong for my liking, and I don't think I would be able to speak seriously with Lady Sani. Oh, that embarrassment would be too much!"

She could see the tension returning despite the light smile he gave her, his eyes showing something that Melody hadn't seen before on anyone and it was almost startling. At first it had seemed like Valshar had enjoyed himself during the dance but now all that seemed to be left was a a forced smile.

Valshar knew by the sound of Sani's foot tapping in the distance that she was muttering profanities to an apologetic Alexander. It wasn't the first time he had gotten caught insulting him but there was no doubt that it wasn't the last. If anything, the vampires irritating jibes only worsened. The last thing he wanted was to ruin Sani's party by terrifying the guests and out-right hitting Alexander.

Making a decision, he put on a smile for Melody before nodding. Once he would get her a drink he would leave.

Sani would be upset with him, but Valshar felt it would be best if it got away from a worsening situation.

"You know, Valshar. Why don't we get a few drinks together? I feel bad allowing you walk across the ballroom for a small glass of whine." Melody added thoughtfully. "And I'm curious about you. Lady Sani is always fretting over you but this is the first I've met you in person!"
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 5:20 pm

At Melody’s comment, Valshar gave a slightly nervous smile. “Oh has she now? I suppose I should tell her to stop fretting so much, but she is a very dear friend.”

He led the way over to the long table where the refreshments and drinks were being served. He handed Melody a glass of wine while he grabbed a glass of scotch for himself. While he sipped his drink, Valshar’s mind was struggling to figure out a polite means of making his departure from the party.

When he looked around the ballroom, he couldn’t help but notice Alexander glaring at him. No doubt he was upset over getting scolded by Sani and blamed Valshar for causing it. He sighed. He really did need to leave soon.

Glancing back to Melody, he again found himself at a loss for words as she cheerfully hummed along with the band’s current song. He drained his glass and sat it down, and then took a deep breath.

“M’Lady, I do apologize, and sincerely regret leaving such delightful company, but I really should be going.”  He hesitated, caught by a look in her eyes that intrigued him. “I would offer you my own hospitality, but I fear my home is far more rustic than you’re accustomed to, so I understand completely if you’d rather stay and enjoy the party.”

“What about Sani?” She asked.

He shrugged, “She’ll be disappointed no doubt, but she’ll forgive me eventually.”

He gave her a polite bow and turned toward the hall’s main doors.
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 10:41 pm

Melody looked over her shoulder to see where Sani had last been as she moved to grab Valshar's arm lightly. "I would very much enjoy your company. But shouldn't you at least tell your friend about leaving early? It would be impolite disappear out of the blue..."

"Sani would understand." He said too quickly when he spotted Alexander giving him another glare from across the room. It seemed that the vampire was waiting for something if the tapping of his foot and occasional glance for Sani were any indications.

"Then I will go tell her and meet you on the veranda afterwards."

"I'm not sure if-"

"At least allow me tell her I am leaving with you. We were supposed to speak during the party and she will help me find an excuse to give my brother when he finds out that we haven't." Melody gave him arm a light tug, gently pulling Valshar with her towards the Hostess of the party. He looked ready to turn and dash his way out of the room at any moment.
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 11:49 pm

Valshar nodded reluctantly as Melody led him back away from the doors into the hall to look for Sani. He was grateful when his friend intercepted them, thankfully without Alexander in tow.

“Let me guess.” She said as she caught the look in Valshar’s eyes. “You’re leaving?”

“Yes.” He glanced over to Melody, then back to Sani. “We are. I do apologize for leaving early.”

Sani grinned and stepped close to hug him, and as he looked over her shoulder while returning the hug, he stifled a chuckle. Alexander’s expression hinted at a building explosion of temper.

“I’ll forgive you, eventually.” Sani teased, “I am always happy to see you, for however long. Do try to take care of yourself.”

He nodded, “I will. Thank you for a lovely evening.”

“I swear next time I invite you, I’ll leave Alexander locked in his room.” She winked mischievously.

“Might do him some good.” Valshar laughed and offered his arm to Melody again. “Shall we, m’Lady?”

Melody nodded and took his arm with a smile. She looked over to Sani, “Would you be so kind as to offer my apologies to my brother?”

Sani chuckled, “Of course, my dear. Go.”

Valshar led the way out of the manor and into the street. He paused to take a deep breath of the crisp night air and instinctively stiffed as the moonlight washed over him. He tightened his control on that part of him that wanted to break free and shoved it deeper into the back of his mind. He couldn’t help that the pale light seemed to give his amber eyes an even more uncanny appearance and he hoped she wouldn’t really notice.

Turning north toward the forest just beyond the city, he focused on getting them to his home.
“I apologize for the long walk, and I hope you don’t find the forest path too rough.”

His home was a small two room cabin deep in the woods. Calling it rustic was actually being generous. As he glanced around upon entering, he was silently proud of himself for not having left it too much a mess. He offered a polite bow as he stepped back from the open door, allowing Melody to enter first.

The cabin was sparsely furnished with the bare necessities and little that told of the nature of its primary resident. As Melody looked around, she frowned slightly. There were no pictures or mementoes of family, nothing that really told her any more about the man she’d accompanied. She draped her cloak over a chair while Valshar got a fire started in the hearth.

Standing up and brushing the hearth dust from his hands and pants where he’d knelt down, Valshar caught Melody looking around the cabin. He swallowed hard and again questioned his sanity for bringing such a lady here. Still, he couldn’t help but be intrigued by her, especially when he looked into her eyes.

“I apologize, it’s not fancy, but serves my simple needs. What is home after all but a place to sleep and eat in peace?” He smiled, “I do actually have a decent bottle of wine, if you would care for a drink? Also if you get hungry I could probably manage something well enough.”
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 1:15 am

"Some more wine is definitely welcome." She told him in a distracted tone. "You really shouldn't apologize. I really enjoy the...feel here. Very peaceful, indeed."

Melody fidgeted with the hem of her dress, gazing over a desk while passing by it slowly. Other than a few blank sheets of parchments and envelopes, it was covered in neatly stacked books. Even though she had followed Valshar on a whim, she was beginning to feel a bit uneasy in his home.

It was isolated, the surrounding area almost deadly silent save for the crickets outside. The situation she put herself in matched so many horror stories that her elder brother told her. Monsters leading humans out in the middle of the woods and stealing their souls...

"But why so far into the woods? You're not the only one living here, are you?"
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 1:36 am

Valshar poured two glasses of wine and took a sip of his. At her question, a flash of deep rooted pain darkened his eyes and he turned away hoping she hadn’t noticed. He took another drink of the wine as he fought to shove those memories back to the far corners of his mind.

“I… I do live here alone. I don’t have any family.” He spoke quietly. “I’ve come to enjoy the solitude of the woods.”

He glanced back at her, “Ah, but here, I am being a poor host.”

Valshar walked over to the desk and opened a side drawer and pulled out a well worn flute. Perching himself on a chair near the fire, he began to play. The tune was haunting, in one instant cheerful, the next full of sorrow.

As the last notes of the song faded, Valshar realized what he’d just played and cursed himself silently. He hadn’t intended to play that song, but it seemed to insist on playing itself.

He looked over at Melody, the soft glow of the fire casting highlights through her hair and bringing a cheerful color to her cheeks. His amber eyes searched hers, wondering but afraid to hope that she could ever really accept someone like him if she knew.
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 2:40 am

Melody had never felt such a loss of words before as she pieced together parts of the puzzle she had created to try and understand the man in front of her. The more thought that was put into it, the more it started to make sense.

Why Sani constantly worried about him after Melody asked about him many times.

Why he seemed so out of place and slightly awkward during their dance.

The sadness she witnessed dancing in his eyes after mentioning being alone out in the woods.

His confirmation...and now the almost heart-breaking sound of music Valshar had played for her.

Setting the glass of forgotten wine aside, she approached Valshar hesitantly. He seemed different than the man who had led her on the dance floor so gracefully and elegantly. Now was a man that look haunted by something.

"I'm sorry. It's not my place to ask such things...especially when they have such a painful affect on you." She said quietly, trying to avoid looking into his eyes. She fidgeted with the hem of her dress more. There were so many questions that she wanted to ask but was now unsure if it would be the best thing to do if it brought up so many emotions in him.

If her brother had been there he would have scolded her heavily and dragged her away for being inconsiderate and letting her curiosity get the best of her. "I just thought that maybe getting to know you in person instead of through Lady Sani would be better, and now I put us both in this awkward situation."

Melody finally gathered up the courage to face Valshar and make eye contact with him. "I would understand if you wished that I returned home."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 8:06 am

Valshar squeezed his eyes shut tight for a moment and then looked up at her. His eyes still reflected the pain that had haunted him for so long. He tentatively reached out to put his hand lightly on her arm. He swallowed hard, trying to find the words to say.

“No, it’s alright, Melody. I am glad of your company and I thank you for it.” He glanced out the single window to the pitch black forest. “At any rate, it’s gotten far too late tonight. These forests are not always friendly at night.”

He sighed deeply and motioned to the chair across from him, and put more wood on the fire. “I’ve been alone for a very long time. Some might say I should have gotten over it by now. Maybe they’re right, but it’s not been easy. I had a wife once, but she… died. It was quite unexpected and very difficult for me. Sani likes to fret because she thinks I shouldn’t spend so much time alone because I end up thinking too much.”

Valshar couldn’t stop the trembling that hit him as memories and the pain they brought assaulted his mind before he could push them back. He stood up and crossed the room to a cupboard and pulled out a bottle of scotch. He poured himself a double shot and emptied the glass in one gulp and then filled it again.

“Does the drinking help?”

He sighed deeply, his hand still shaking slightly as he took a sip of the second drink. “Not really. Calms my nerves a little, but does nothing to dull the pain or memories.”

Valshar turned back to face her, “It seems I must beg your forgiveness, m’Lady. I’ve been an awful host. If you get tired and wish, please feel free to make use of the bed. I assure you it’s no trouble in the least. I tend not to sleep much anyway.”  He emptied the glass again and set it to one side. “I will attempt to redeem myself in the morning with breakfast. Contrary to Sani’s opinion, I am at least a passable cook.”
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 3:58 am

"Valshar, really...you don't have to apologize. I should be doing that! I feel terrible for bringing up such painful memories for you." Melody said quickly, covering his hand with hers and gripping. "To experience such a thing like that is awful. You have every right to act as you are."

She stared at him with a half-smile wishing that she could somehow help Valshar with the pain. If Sani was still having trouble trying to help him then what could she do?

"But maybe this is something that we can speak of over breakfast? You say you don't sleep much but as you look now, it is something you dearly need. Opening old wounds can take its toll"
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 4:45 am

Valshar nodded. “Aye, we can talk over breakfast. Go ahead and get some sleep.” He noticed the concern in her eyes and gave her a weak smile, “I’ll rest too, I promise.”

He poured one last glass of scotch and put the bottle back in the cupboard. Crossing the room he settled back down in the chair near the fire. He sighed deeply and sipped his drink while he watched the flames flicker.

Staring deeper into the fire, he was only vaguely aware that Melody headed to the other room to sleep. Despite his promise to her, he knew sleep would elude him as it often did these days. Instead he finished his drink and let himself relax just enough to slip into the almost meditative trance that was as close to sleep as he got.

The dawn light coming through the window finally caused him to stir. Slowly he got up and refreshed the fire. He put a kettle of water on the hearth and then went to search his sparse pantry. Smiling a little, he found eggs and bread, as well as some cheese.

“Not fancy, but should work.” He muttered to himself as he grabbed a bowl and the cast iron skillet and headed back to the hearth. He sat the skillet on coals to get it warming, and then put the bread and butter on the table. Valshar got out the plates and silverware and two cups for tea.

Returning the hearth, he dropped a small bit of butter into the skillet and let it spread over the bottom of the pan. He cracked the eggs into the bowl and stirred them up before pouring them into the skillet. He added thin slices of cheese and folded the egg over into an omelet.

“Breakfast is nearly ready, m’Lady. Hope it’s to your liking.” He called out as he heard her moving.

He dished the omelets onto the plates and then added the tea to the kettle. He poured the cups and settled down at the table.
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 5:14 am

It had taken her a few moments to remember where she was while she blinked away the muddy feeling from her mind. After stretching out over the blankets she stared blankly at the ceiling until she could hear Valshar's voice call out through the cabin.

The many questions that went unasked from the evening plagued through Melody's thoughts as she moved to move to the edge of the large bed. It wasn't as large as the one she had at home, but it was far more comfortable to sleep in. "I'll be out in a minute" She replied to Valshar with a sleepy tone as she attempted to straighten out the mess her hair had decided to turn into.

Once she felt she looked slightly presentable she straightened out the now-crumpled shirt that was borroed to sleep in and slowly ventured out of the room towards the smell of melted butter and eggs.

Melody couldn't stop the bright smile when she saw the set table and all too eagerly sat down while rubbing the last bit of sleep from her eyes.

"I'm sorry if I look a mess. I'm not used to being up this early, but I had such a wonderful rest with how quiet it is here."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 6:01 am

Valshar smiled warmly as he buttered a slice of bread. “You look fine, and I’m glad you slept well.”

He glanced out the window at the forest. “The quiet is one of the reasons I like this place. Well,” he chuckled, “aside from the one squirrel that keeps tempting me to put him in a stew.”

After he finished eating, he leaned back in his chair and looked over at her. “I have to thank you for the company. It’s been lovely to share a meal here for a change.”

He looked over at the hearth and noticed there were only a couple pieces of firewood left. “Ah, guess I need to get some more wood in.” He reached over and poured her another cup of tea, “I’ll be back in a minute.”

Valshar walked outside and stretched as he took in a deep breath. The morning air was still crisp but refreshing to him. He ran his fingers through his shaggy mane of hair and then walked over to the stack of firewood. As he started to pick up some, he caught a scent on the wind that made his heart skip a beat.

Turning around slowly he saw the source of the smell as a ragged wolf stalked into the clearing around his cabin. The beast was lean with a torn ear and one missing eye. Its good eye burned with malice and hatred as it glared at him.

“You think pretending to be one of them could hide you, Traitor?”
The wolf spoke with a hoarse and raspy voice, a cruel sneer curling his lips.

“Why don’t you just go crawl off and be a good jackal? You’re no wolf any more, Trag. You’ve no right to speak to me.” Valshar’s eyes flashed golden with anger.

Trag snarled, “You forget the price on your head, Traitor.” He charged at Valshar who had only seconds to react.

With a vicious growl, Valshar shifted his form to that of a massive pitch black wolf. The force of Trag’s attack shoved Valshar back into the stacked wood causing a noisy crash. He spun around and raked his claws down Trag’s side and moved away.

Trag leapt at Valshar again, sinking his teeth into the black wolf’s shoulder causing Valshar to yelp loudly in pain.

The sound of the cabin door opening distracted Valshar as he turned to see Melody standing in the door way. He felt his heart go numb with dread at the thought of her seeing him like this. The searing pain of another attack from Trag snapped him back to the reality and he realized that regardless of what else happened, he had to protect her from Trag.

He dropped into a roll and kicked hard to break the other wolf’s grip on his back and then twisted to bring his larger size to bear. He managed to push Trag to the ground and grabbed him by the neck.

“Kill me if you want, Traitor. It won’t save you. They know where you are.” Trag wheezed and coughed out the words as Valshar’s jaws tightened.

Valshar reminded himself that Melody was still watching, so dragged Trag, still struggling, into the woods before killing him. By the time he returned to the clearing, his black fur was soaked in blood, Trag’s and his own from several deep wounds.

He stopped a few feet from the door and looked at her; his deep golden eyes filled with pain, and then lowered his head. He’d never wanted her to see that side of him.
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:06 am

Melody regretted not listening to her instincts to stay inside when she had heard the loud snarls from inside the kitchen. The fear felt thinking that Valshar was being attacked by some wild animal had her out of the chair in an instant and heading for the door.

The scene that she witnessed passing by the window terrified her more than anything in her life. A wolf had approached Valshar, snarling out Traitor with such contempt it sent chills through her spine. And then...Valshar himself just shifted into the largest and most fear-instilling wolf she had ever seen. Her breath hitched immediately.

"This can't be happening" Came the frightened voice before she rushed to the door and all but threw it open. Melody had hoped that what she saw wasn't real; that she was still asleep and that someone would wake her up at any moment, but the wolves were still there. Snarling insults with human words and dripping blood.

Despite a voice in her mind telling her to run, she couldn't. Fear kept her rooted to the spot.

It wasn't until the black wolf Valshar had turned into was standing a few feet from the porch steps, all but drenched in blood and looking like the most shamed and miserable creature in existence.

Melody quickly turned and fled back into the cabin, rushing for the room that she had spent the night in and closing the door. She couldn't understand this terror she felt as she hugged herself after sitting on the bed, her hands shaking terribly.

She heard movement out in the main room; the sound of claws against the wood and then the sound of shifting again. "V-Valshar?" She called out in a slight panic.

It couldn't have been real the thought repeated in her mind like a mantra.

"What was it that just happened?"
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:27 am

Valshar limped back into the cabin and winced more from the sight of Melody retreating to the other chamber and closing the door than any wound he’d sustained in the fight. He shifted back to his human form and placed a hand on the door before turning away sadly.

“It’s alright, Melody. You’re safe.” His voice faltered as emotions tumbled over themselves in his mind. “Please… believe me. I would never harm you, nor let anything else. I… I am sorry.”

He walked back over and sank to the floor in front of the fireplace. He lay down, clothes soaked with blood and torn in several places where Trag’s teeth had ripped through his hide. He coughed and let his eyes close. While his wounds would heal faster than a normal human, they still took a great toll on him. His whole body ached and he was unable to stifle a whimper of pain as he tried to move his wounded shoulder.

They know where you are.

Trag’s words taunted him as he lay there. So much for his hope of being able to live in peace.
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 4:45 pm

After what had felt like hours, Melody braved her way off of the bed and opened the door enough to peak out through the main room.

A quick look over allowed her to spot a lump of a body sprawled out in front of the fireplace, moving ever so slowly as if trying to find a better position to sleep in. She could see the dried blood covering Valshar's tattered shirt along with the mat he sat on.

"Are you sure it's safe?" She called out to him, seeing all movement almost immediately freeze. When he didn't make any sound in response she edged farther out of the bedroom and towards him. His body looked worse than she had seen before, and felt a pang of worry overcome some of the fear.

When Melody reached out to touch his arm, he flinched away from her quickly. "Valshar you're hurt." She whispered and sat next to him.

"The last thing I wanted was for you too see me like-"

"Don't speak of it." She cut him off in a harsh tone. "I just....I don't know if I can handle it just yet...I need time to understand what happened. But right now you need tending to."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 5:09 pm

Valshar groaned and tried to move again. The resulting searing pain caused him to hiss sharply. Defeated, he lay still, breathing hard.

“I am sorry, Melody.” He managed between breaths.

He looked up at her as she drew closer. “If you could, please, there’s a basin and water by the second cupboard. In the pantry, middle shelf, find the amber jar filled with pungent leaves. Crush some into a little water to make a paste. Spread it on the worst of the wounds, please. It’ll dull the pain and speed the healing.”

She nodded and went to find what he asked for. Her mind still reeled as she attempted to process what she’d seen and heard. Part of her rational mind insisted that such things weren’t even possible, yet she couldn’t deny the proof as she glanced at Valshar.

She gathered up the basin, a pitcher of water, some clean cloths, and the herb he’d asked for in a smaller bowl. Settling down beside him she realized that the only way she’d be able to properly see to his injuries was to remove his torn shirt.

It was painful for him to move enough for her to get the shirt off, but he complied without complaint. He kept his eyes lowered, still ashamed that she’d had to see him like that. Her hands were gentle as she worked to clean and then treat the wounds.

Valshar squeezed his eyes shut tight against the flood of painful memories her touch triggered.
But still Trag’s final words tugged at his mind. He looked up to meet her gaze briefly.

“Please stay, promise you won’t go out alone. Woods aren’t safe now. Please, stay.”
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 6:04 pm

"I don't think I could leave, even if I wanted to." Melody replied quietly before continuing her task of tending to the deeper wounds. Her thoughts wandered the more she focused. She wondered if her brother was worried, or if Sani knew about Valshar's secret. With a heavy sigh another round of paste was added to his shoulder and he let out a light hiss of pain.

Finishing the process took longer than an hour, leaving her feeling mentally exhausted. Valshar had moved to rest his head on her lap at some point during the treatment, his light breathing letting her know that he was resting. The silence of the cabin made her edgy as she continued to think on the events that had happened earlier that morning.

"Valshar. Let's get you moved to the bedroom, alright? The fire is dying." She whispered, running a hand through his hair in hopes that it would wake him. When it didn't, Melody let out another sigh. "I will go get some firewood then, if you don't wake up. It's getting cold..."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 6:37 pm

For the first time in a very long time, Valshar drifted into a true sleep. The herbs combined with his natural healing worked to repair the damage to his body. The pain dulled to a tolerable ache and he sighed softly as he moved in his sleep.

Melody blinked in shock as the worst of the wounds began to heal right before her eyes. She shook her head in disbelief and started to get up. The fire was nearly out and she wanted to get more wood in before it died completely.

He stirred and woke as he felt her standing up. He reached out and gently caught hold of her.

Looking up at her, he shook his head, “No, don’t go out.”

She frowned, “It’s getting cold, the fire’s almost out. We need wood.”

Valshar pushed himself slowly into a sitting position and tilted his head at her. “I’ll get it.”

“You’re too badly hurt.” She protested.

He sighed, “Just a few new scars. I’ll be fine.”

He stood up, taking a moment to steady himself with one hand on the mantle. Melody couldn’t help but notice the prominent scars that trailed across his chest in jagged lines.

Valshar made his way out to the wood stack and grabbed an armful. He glanced around warily, inhaling deeply for any trace of other wolves nearby. All he could smell was the slowly fading stench of Trag, which satisfied him for now. However, he knew it would not remain safe and quiet, if Trag’s final words were true. That worried him. He would have to see Melody safely home before too much longer, even though he admitted to himself that he was enjoying her company.

Returning to the cabin, he rekindled the fire and placed the extra firewood in the basket nearby. He settled into his chair, wincing slightly at the pressure against his wounded back.

“Thank you for your help, though I deeply regret it’s necessity.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) Empty

Back to top Go down

Wolf Moon (private rp)
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ascent of the Virulent :: The Scarred Wastelands :: Plague RP-
Jump to: