Ascent of the Virulent
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fan based Role Play group who gather to role play their dragon characters based in the world of Flight Rising. Not directly affiliated with FlightRising.com in any way.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wolf Moon (private rp)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Outsanical

Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 3:50 am

Melody took a few moments to mull over the questions. There was just too much she wanted to know but didn't know where to start. She watched him down some more of the scotch and returned his patient smile with a giggle.

Despite the good moment, she couldn't help but remember the harsh words that Mathias had given her before he left.

She would prove to him that her decision was sound.

"What does it mean to be a 'mate'?" Melody finally asked after a few quiet moments of thinking. "Would I stay with you here, at the cabin? Or at Sani's manor instead? Oh! And the servant that had been here mentioned something about neighboring packs...."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet
Name: Unforgiven

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 4:40 am

Valshar took another drink of scotch and sat the bottle down on the table beside his chair. He motioned for Melody to settle down in the chair across from him.

“Well…” He thought for a moment, trying to sort the words in his mind. “At the most basic, being my mate would mean that you’ve chosen and accepted me as your husband. By pack law, it is always the female’s choice and right to decide. It is a little more complicated than just that though because I am Alpha now, not just a simple wolf.”

“The biggest thing, and likely the first thing we’d have to settle, if you consent to be my wife and my mate, is where to live. This cabin is not within the pack’s territory, and too far away for it to be convenient. I, at least, have to be closer to the pack. Of course, I’d prefer you being with me, but I can understand if you’d rather not live surrounded by the other wolves.”

He sighed deeply and leaned back in his chair, “I have a lot of work to do. The state the pack is in right now is deplorable. When my grandfather took over as Alpha the pack was nearly 800 strong, after the great wars that took my father, we were down to around 500. Thanks to my fool brother and his equally foolish son, our pack is down to just over 300. That’s the smallest it has ever been in our history, and that is dangerous, for all of us. There are other packs, for a long time, since the great war, they haven’t bothered much with each other. The one to the far north is the one I worry the most about. They are large, and ruthless. My grandfather actually came from that pack, and took Alpha of this pack in a challenge.”

He reached over and took her hand, “I think the hardest part has been looking the she wolves in the eyes when they bring their cubs before me, because their mates are dead and we both know they died because of me. So many of the pack’s strongest fighters and best hunters, Tyroth sent them out after me, and that weakened the pack badly.”

“One of the other most important things about being the Alpha’s mate, is that it will be your job to keep me sane.”

She blinked at him, “What do you mean by that?”

He gave a wry, half smile, “That’s part of why I wanted to give up the position in the first place. The responsibilities, the burden of power, it has been known to drive some Alpha’s mad. I blame my brother’s actions on that actually, his ambitions blinded him.” He squeezed her hand lightly, “You would be my rock, the one to keep me grounded and sane.”

He tilted his head sideways, “Of course there is one other thing.”

“What?” Her mind reeled as she tried to take it all in.

“The pack is keenly aware that I have no offspring, and Tyroth is my only other male relative, and he can never take the position of Alpha again. If an Alpha dies without a clear successor, either their own offspring or a suitable male relative, the pack gets thrown into chaos until a new Alpha can be decided. That would put the pack in a very vulnerable position and subject to being overtaken by outsiders.”

He noticed the look on her face and chuckled, “No rush about that of course, since I don’t plan on dying any time soon, but only fair I warn you that the pack might not be so diplomatic about mentioning it.”
Back to top Go down
https://aovrpg.rpg-board.net
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 1:34 am

Melody let the words sink, blushing dark red when Valshar chuckled at the look she had given him. She hadn't even thought about about something like that so soon. While he smiled at her, more and more thoughts started to run through her mind; the more she realized how large and important the Aplha's mate job was, the less confident and secure she felt.

More questions she wanted to ask but held back came up. Would she be a burden? Would the pack look down on her for being human? Would she be able to handle being the anchor to his sanity? Would she still be in danger?

Even worse, Melody felt her world being tumbled around her once again as the thoughts ran through her mind.

"How far would it be from my home if I were to stay with you?" She asked quietly, wringing her hands into her skirts nervously as the feeling of being overwhelmed returned.

Valshar was silent for a moment. "The pack lands are located some ways from town....I think it has been labeled as Bluemount Creek." He replied with a thoughtful hum while downing more of the scotch, emptying the bottle and setting it aside. "While I may currently be searching for a new residence, you must know that moving any closer to human settlements is dangerous. Yes, we can take human form to hide ourselves, but with the pack's numbers so low, no chances are going to be taken."

Melody was almost at a loss for words as stared at him, all but gaping. "B-Bluemount is nearly 250 miles." She replied in a bewildered tone.

There was too much for her to process to quickly and Melody could almost feel tears forming. If she said yes there would be no turning back without leaving Valshar feeling abandoned, but if she said no it would most likely break his heart. There was no trial run.

"How long do I have to decide?" She asked him quietly, her cheerful thoughts about being with him almost disappearing. "I've just barely turned 18, and to suddenly have to go through this is so overwhelming. I don't want to make the wrong decision and hurt you...."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 2:59 am

Valshar nodded understandingly. “I imagine this is rather a lot to take in all at once. I can probably stay here a week before I’ll have to return to the pack lands and see to settling on a new home for myself within the territory. Kynar is handling the basic running of things, and said he would send a messenger if something came up but I don’t expect anything for a while.”

He stood and walked over to Melody and took hold of her hand. “Take as long as you need to decide. I realize this isn’t a decision to me made lightly. Now, would you care to brave more of my cooking? I could do with a meal if you wish to join me.” He grinned.

She nodded, “As long as you don’t burn it.” She tried to push the overwhelmed feeling back a little, though she was still unsure what to do about it all.

He laughed and set about to preparing a simple but savory stew with warmed bread. He placed the dishes on the table and put a kettle of water on for tea. While he waited on both the stew and tea to finish cooking, he began staring distractedly into the fire.

Melody watched him and frowned, “What’s wrong?”

Valshar blinked at the sound of her voice and turned to look at her, “What?” Realizing what he’d been doing, he shook his head, “Oh, nothing. I was just thinking.”

“About what?”

“Much the same thing that’s occupied my mind many times over the years in one form or another. Trouble.” He shook his head. “I know it’s only a matter of time before one of the larger packs realize we’re under strength, and that worries me.”
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 3:30 am

"A larger pack would try to take over..." Melody said, her eyes widening slightly in realization as Valshar nodded and returned to staring at the fire. "Which is why, as I said before, that I would prefer that you at least be close by." Valshar explained with a sigh. "Other, more larger packs practically surround Ashby, and many lone wolves pass through the lands. If you were to cross paths with one you'd be in danger."

She listened quietly when he moved to remove the now screaming kettle from the stove. "No matter what decision I make, I will always be in danger now won't I?" Melody asked in a joking matter, moving to set the table while Valshar tended the stew.

"As long as the week is peaceful and you get some rest, everything will be alright." She added, trying to assure both Valshar and herself equally in the most cheerful tone she could muster. "I will have at least made a decision on terms of where I will live by then."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 3:50 am

Valshar remained quiet for a moment, busy with helping to get the meal on the table and pouring the tea. Once he settled down and took up his bowl full, and a piece of bread, he looked over at her.

“Pack life is generally quiet and rather simple. For everyone except the Alpha.” He gave her a wry grin. “That is why I would understand if you wish to decline. My life as long as I remain Alpha, will never be quiet or simple again I’m afraid. We may stem off the possibility of attack from other packs or the opportunistic lone rovers for a while, but it will depend on how well the pack pulls together and if we can begin rebuilding.”

He smiled warmly, “I do love you Melody, but I do not want you to feel like I’m pushing you into something you don’t wish to be a part of. I believe that you could stay safely at your ranch, as long as your brother doesn’t do anything else stupid, and Sani’s manor would always be safe for you. Most wolves will avoid the towns and to any other pack you wouldn’t be of interest living as an ordinary human.”

Valshar took a moment to eat a few bites, and then continued, “But you are right, and I am sorry about that. As long as you’re with me, there will always be some element of danger. I can do my best to minimize that, but if we come under attack, or I’m challenged by a loner for my title, then you would be at risk.”

He sighed, “So much for my dream of retiring and living my life out in peace. It has been many, many years, but I have no doubt that for the six packs involved in the great wars, my name is well known to them. I also am sure that it won’t be more than another week or so before they find out that I am Alpha again. That may keep some from attacking, but it may bring others wanting to test themselves against me thinking my age will be to their advantage.”
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 4:07 am

With a smile, Melody reached over and gripped Valshar's hand tightly and he stared at her. "I have seen you fight. It may have only been once and unintentional...but I know you would never let anyone beat you. You love not only me, but your pack as well."

A quiet moment passed between them and Melody blushed again before returning to eat her stew. "And yes...my brother has done many stupid things in his life, but nothing like this before. I may have to return home to at least help him get the ranch's debt under control. Let's just hope he doesn't go finding more 'business partners' that happen to be werewolves, hm?" She chuckled loudly
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 3:22 pm

Valshar nodded, “For his own sake as well, I hope he learns to be a better judge of associates. Sani could help, if he’d ask her, I’m sure of it.”

He finished his meal and leaned back in his chair sipping his tea. The small bit of sleep he’d grabbed before leaving the pack lands hadn’t really done much to relieve his fatigue. Now, sitting as he was with her, in the comfort of his cabin, it began to creep up on him again.

Melody looked over at him with a soft smile, “You look exhausted. Maybe you should try to get some sleep?”

He yawned, despite his best efforts not to, and then nodded, “I am tired. I don’t think I’ll be able to really sleep much there until I sort out where I want to put my new home.” He looked around the cabin and smiled, “I see you cleaned the place up a bit. I think I’m actually going to miss this old cabin. I’ve spent a long time here.”

Valshar pushed himself up and walked over to put more wood on the fire, and then he made sure the door was bolted for the night. He looked back over at her and smiled.

“I’ll just sleep out here.”

In truth, he very much wanted to sleep elsewhere, but since she had not given him an answer yet, he pushed that thought aside. He shifted to wolf form and curled up by the fire, his black fur showing a few traces of white in places marking recent scars. The white would fade out again in time, but for now it was still faintly visible.
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 4:39 pm

Deciding that she would do the dishes first thing in the morning, Melody set the last bit of dirtied utensils into the sink before moving towards the main room. "Valshar, you shouldn't sleep out here when you're exhausted. You should be sleeping in bed." She said almost scoldingly. If it weren't for the slight flick of his ear, she would have thought he had already fallen asleep.

"I know you're awake."

"It's not right for a man to share his bed with an unmarried woman unless-"

"You are too much of a gentlemen." Melody giggled, cutting off his lazy-sounding drawl. She tentatively reached out and rubbed her hand over the tufts of fur on his back. "Really, you have already asked to marry. Sharing a bed so you can rest wouldn't be impolite.

She almost laughed at how he stretched out underneath her hand and rolled onto his side, giving Melody a side-long stare. "Come on now, Valshar. Don't be like that. Otherwise I may have to slap you again." She teased. "You don't expect to sleep out here all week do you?"
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 5:18 pm

At the gentle touch of her hand against his fur, Valshar opened one amber eye to look up at her. He sighed softly and closed his eye again, a low mrrr of pleasure accompanying the sigh.

“I’m comfortable here.” He said finally.

He shifted a little and half rolled, exposing his chest and abdomen in a display of complete and absolute trust. He actually meant what he’d said, at that moment he couldn’t be any happier. He was by the fire, with her fingers running through is fur, and that was good enough for him.

After a few moments, Melody poked at him. This earned her another flick of one ear as it rotated toward her.

“I hope you don’t expect me to sleep on hard wooden floors.” She teased.

His lips curled up in a wolfish grin, “Of course not.” He opened his eyes again. “Dirt or grass perhaps, and I’d at least see that you had a blanket and maybe a pillow.”
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 7:51 pm

"Then you'd best be ready to help me wash my skirts." Melody laughed lightly. She couldn't help but lean down to plant a kiss on the tip of Valshar's nose. "I am going to go change and when I return, hopefully you will be the wise old wolf Sani claims you to be and go rest in bed."

"Sani claiming me as wise? Are you sure you heard correctly? " He asked in mock bewilderment, trying to keep the disappointment from his voice as she stood.

"Oh you're right, I did. Stubborn old wolf was the term.".

They both stared at each other for a moment before Melody burst into a fit of laughter, and she turned towards the room she had stored her suitcases. "She knows you too well." She managed to get out between giggles.

Valshar grinned again. "And depending in your decision, you would be able to know me as much, possibly even more...." He trailed off, noticing she hadn't heard him and had already locked herself away to change. He could still hear her giggles.

With a sigh, he curled himself back up nearer to the fireplace. But as he tried to let himself drift to sleep, his mind wandered back to Melody. She had only been gone a few minutes and already Valshar missed the feel of her hands running through his fur.

"I have to be the gentlemen. She has yet to make a decision. " He told himself when his mind wandered to her offer of sharing his bed. Valshar let out an irritated huff, again trying to feign sleep when he heard Melody open the door and sigh
"Valshar, you're not very good at winning the hearts of women are you." She laughed while moving towards the room. "I will feel terribly guilty if you slept out here....much so to where I would lose sleep, myself "
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 9:32 pm

Valshar’s mind seemed determined to keep him from sleeping. “Old Wolf” the thought gnawed at him. He sighed, realizing that Melody likely hadn’t considered just how old he might really be. He wondered for a moment if he had any right asking a lady such as her to be part of his life. He couldn’t help feel the sting as he considered that it might appear he was being dishonest by not telling her, but then wondered if it would really matter to her.

Hearing her words as she stepped back into the room, he raised his head to look over at her. If he hadn’t been in wolf form he likely would have bitten his lip, as it was, his tail tip twitched. She looked even more beautiful than ever in the soft light of the cabin.

He rose, and padded softly across the floor to her, knowing that if he continued to resist her wishes, neither one of them would get any sleep. “I can sleep on the floor in here too.” He offered with a half grin.

Melody gave him a stern look, “No sleeping on the floor.”

He nodded and moved past her toward the bed. “I have to warn you though.”

“Oh?”

“Generally I do remain in the form I was in when I fell asleep, but I have been known to shift in my sleep now and then without realizing it.”

He settled himself on the bed, making himself as small as possible so as to leave her sufficient room to be comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 10:48 pm

Melody settled herself under the covers, trying to stay closer to one side of the bed and fixed a look on Valshar while he seemed to confine himself to a smaller part of the bed. "As long as you don't shift and take the covers, I will manage." She tld him sincerely. "I've been through so much already, and now that I'm...finally coming to terms, I doubt anything could startle or scare me now."

She didn't see the swirl of emotions that passed through his eyes at her words.

"Good night, Valshar."

The whisper made his ears perk after Melody had blown out the light.

"Sleep well, Melody..."

The barest bits of light were what had woken her from the dead sleep.

Melody let out a light groan, mulling over what she would be making for breakfast after straightening up the kitchen and nearly let out a startled cry when she realized her attempts to stretch were blocked by something next to her. Once her eyes snapped open, the urge to hit whatever had its hold on her was quickly set aside when she saw Valshar's tussled hair taking up most of the pillow she had been using.

His face looked more peaceful than it had since she saw him at the party, their noses almost touching as he held a loose grip around her waist. Any other thought of wanting to get up left her as she stared at him.

And before she could stop herself, she kissed him.

Melody blushed and mentally scolded herself before letting out a startled noise when Valshar's eyes snapped open.

"G-good morning, Valshar." She said quickly, pulling away from him. "I was just about to get up, but you still look a little tired. Why don't you get some more rest while I go make breakfast?"
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 11:54 pm

Valshar blinked and only nodded, not trusting himself to speak at that moment. She turned and left the room and he took a deep breath. His body nearly trembled at the lingering warmth of her kiss and her scent surrounding him. It was only then that his still somewhat dazed mind realized that he had apparently shifted in his sleep.

He shifted back to wolf form and lay down with his head on her pillow; his even keener wolf senses drinking in even more of her scent and feeling the warmth of her body where she’d lain. Part of his mind chided him for acting foolish. He promptly told that part that at his age he was entitled to act foolish now and then.

Certainly he had kissed her before, but always attempting to do so politely- a kiss on the hand, or cheek or forehead. He lay there for a long moment, just enjoying the thought of it, even if it didn’t mean what he wanted it to mean, yet.

Valshar let his eyes close again despite the sounds and smells of breakfast in the making. He was hungry, but he didn’t really feel like moving. He was far too content to lay there with his nose buried in her pillow until she came to wake him up again. He smiled as he heard her footsteps, and steadied his breathing and feigned sleep.
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 3:55 pm

Trying to hide the blush on her face, Melody opened the door slowly and peeked into the room. Despite the full sun now coming in through the window, Valshar's wolf form was stretched out over the side of the bed she had slept on. She felt a tinge of disappointment that he had shifted back.

"Valshar, breakfast is ready."

The contentment Valshar had felt when he heard those words let him know that the week would be a good one as he lazily feigned a yawn and rolled over onto his side and earning a laugh from Melody.

4 days.

4 days had passed, and Melody was more than happy that they felt like the longest and most happiest days she had ever lived. Whether it was waking up with Valshar at her side each time, or spending hours in front of the fire just relaxing and listening to him speak about his pack, she had never genuinely happy when looking forward to the next day.

The weird, awkward atmosphere that had been there before was now almost completely gone and replaced with something she couldn't even explain. They would banter with each other with snarky remarks or jokes, most leaving her sides hurting from so much laughter. Melody was sure that Valshar's face would be stuck with that smile on it for sure now. Though despite all of it, she still couldn't stop herself from blushing when he would kiss her cheek or when she even dared to return it with her own.

It was something Melody couldn't stop thinking about, even now as she ran her hands through Valshar's thick wolf-fur in front of the dying fire. Those brief moments of eye contact were ones that neither of them wanted to end, she knew it.

With a long sigh, Melody pulled her hand away and almost laughed at the low huff Valshar let out, showing his discontent for the movement. "You can be that way dear, but I don't have fur and it's getting chilly." She cooed with a smile. "I'll be back in a minute with the firewood. It's my turn this time. WHen I get back I want to speak with you about...something."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 5:21 pm

Valshar stretched himself and rose. His mind couldn’t help but wonder about the something she wanted to talk to him about, since he had caught the slight emphasis on the word when she said it. He hoped it meant she might be closer to an answer, but cautioned himself that there was still the chance it might not be the answer he was hoping for.

A scent drifted in through the open door and he padded outside past Melody as she started to return with the firewood. He heard a sharp, short yip and a howl as a wolf announced herself and dropped to her belly at the edge of the clearing.

“I’ll be right back.” He said over his shoulder to Melody as he walked toward the waiting wolf.

The messenger kept herself low and still until he nodded to her. “What’s your message?”

She rose but kept her eyes down, “Kynar sends word. One of our patrols encountered an outsider. Scout from the look of it, we think from the North Pack.”

Valshar scowled, “How encountered?”

“The patrol saw the outsider, watched him, but they never crossed into our territory and eventually turned back to the north and left.”

“Alright. Kynar was right to send word to me. Tell him I said to increase patrols on the north, as much as possible without leaving any other border weakened. Also, no wolf is to be along the northern border alone, for any reason. Pairs at the minimum at all times. If any outsider crosses into our territory, capture and hold if possible, and send word to me immediately. I should be back in a couple of days in any case.”

She nodded, “What if the outsider does not yield to capture?”

“Kill them.” He said coldly. “They cannot be allowed to return to their pack.”

“Understood, Alpha.”

He nodded, “Go then.”

She turned and disappeared back the way she’d come.

Valshar turned, instantly aware of Melody’s eyes on him. He padded back into the cabin and shifted form as he did so. He settled down in the chair by the fire and looked over at her.

“What was that about? Is something wrong?”

He shook his head, “It’s nothing. What did you want to talk to me about?”
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 6:00 pm

Melody could feel his eyes watching her closely as she wrung her hands through her skirts nervously. She had been thinking of how to get the words out all day, and knew if she didn't say them before the week ended then she may never find the courage.

"I wanted to speak about your proposal." She told him, seeing a flash of something go through his eyes. It made her even more nervous than before. Deciding to occupy herself she went to throw the few extra logs of wood into the fire. "It is still too soon for me to say such things that are meaningful but I do know for sure that when you leave in a few days and I decide to stay home...I know that I would be lonely without you there.

I wish you didn't have to go back to the pack. Just you and me, out here to ourselves. It's such a selfish thing to want..."

When he didn't say anything she continued, turning to stare at him. "I decided that I want to be by your side. Wherever you go I will be there."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 7:23 pm

Valshar felt his heart catch in his throat at her words and his warm amber eyes searched hers as he looked at her. Almost afraid he might have been dreaming, he asked, “So, m’Lady, am I to presume that a yes?”

She blushed a little and nodded.

He smiled and stood, catching hold of her hand he pulled her into a hug. Wrapping his arms around her, he leaned in and gave her a long, lingering kiss. He loosened his hold on her, but still kept one arm lightly around her waist.

“I am deeply honored and overjoyed that you’d be willing to put up with me. I will do my best to behave, most of the time.” He gave her a mischievous wink.

Finally pulling away from her, he turned and went over to the cupboard and got out a bottle of wine and two glasses. He poured the wine and walked back over to her, offering her a glass. She took it with just a nod, still seeming to be in shock at the intensity of his kiss. Valshar just smiled, politely refraining from teasing her at the moment.

Tilting his head sideways, he considered for a moment. “I suppose you might want a proper wedding. I confess I’m not quite certain what is expected for such things as far as human customs go. However, if you should wish to have one, then so you shall. I’ll just pester Sani for her assistance.”

For now, he was happy, and quite content to let the news of potential trouble for the pack to sit at the back of his mind unattended for a while. He hadn’t told her, because right now it wasn’t enough to warrant worrying her over.
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 7:51 pm

"Sani..." Melody replied in a dazed tone before the words finally sunk in, and she sipped her wine slowly. Valshar looked so excited by her decision and the kiss...

She blushed even more before downing her glass of wine quickly. "Lady Sani will be thrilled to hear the news. I will most definitely have to ask her help for planning a...wedding." She told him with a smile. The word was strange to her yet it came out easily. "I would love to have a simple one."

Valshar looked so different to her now with that wide smile of his and the mischievous glimmer in his eyes when he poured her some more wine.

"So...." Melody said, at a loss of words or any thought of what should happen now.

"Does this mean that I won't have to threaten you for trying to sleep on the floor?" She asked innocently and nearly jumped out the loud laugh he let out.
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 11:10 pm

Valshar laughed, and then shifted to wolf form and flopped unceremoniously over on his side on the floor. “Maybe.” He said with a wolfish grin. “Floor’s comfy. You could join me; even let you have the blanket.”

Melody shook her head, “I am not going to sleep on the floor. It’s not comfortable for me, I don’t have fur. Besides that, it’s too cold.”

She hadn’t realized just how close she was standing to him until he reached out with one front paw and pulled her over. The motion caused her to land sprawling on top of his side, and he just grinned at her over his shoulder.

“Comfy now?” He asked.

She sighed and ran her hands over his warm thick fur. “I suppose I could use you as my blanket or pillow or both. However, that would mean that you absolutely cannot shift during the night. I would much rather sleep in the bed and be that much more comfortable.”

He sighed. “Alright. Guess that means I’ll have to make some arrangements for suitable accommodations when I go back to the pack lands.”

Far to the north, the land is frequently bleak and harsh, even in the best of seasons. The wolves that live in these lands are even more so.

A massive smoke grey wolf paced the floor of his lair, anger burning in his single pale blue eye. The other eye had long since been lost in battle, the socket withered and marked by a vicious scar. Across his muzzle a light scattering of age whitened hairs were visible, though none would be so bold as to point them out.

“What news of our scouts?” He growled, his voice harsh and raspy.

A gaunt reddish brindle wolf bowed low, his muzzle nearly touching the ground as he spoke, “My lord Alpha, it appears the rumors are true. Valshar has returned as Alpha of his pack. The scouts report increased patrols on their northern border.”

Morlach’s growl deepend and he turned his glare on the other wolf who cowered. “I want that upstart’s head. Preferably no longer attached to his body.”

“What would you have us do?”

“Find me answers, not rumors. Then I’ll decide how to handle it.” Morlach snarled, “And Zyran, do not think just because you are my son that I would show you any mercy if you fail.”

To his credit the younger wolf let no hint of emotion show in his expression. “I would not expect any my lord Alpha.”

“Dismissed.”

He bowed again and retreated quickly out of Morlach’s range and vanished.
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 12:28 am

"Melody....you need to get up."

"But I don't want to." Came the half-whined response. Valshar let out a long, pleased sigh when he felt her hands over his fur. They had been awake for nearly an hour, but his now-fiance had refused to move from her spot on his body. "How am I to make breakfast?" He asked.

"You won't, I will. And you will go to Sani's so that she can have a horse sent for me so that we may ride out tomorrow." She drawled out, wishing that her wolf didn't have to leave tomorrow. "While you may be large enough to carry me around, I highly doubt it is dignified."

He let out a chuckle. "At least it would be safer than riding around one of those simple-minded beasts."

"Well...I'm sorry to say this but I love riding." Melody told him before burying her face into the fur on his shoulder. "And I would be able to leave you to your business if I had a means of traveling. I would love to ride around the lands for some sight-seeing, despite the colder weather settling in."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 1:50 am

Valshar smiled and as only a wolf can, began to wiggle within his own skin, causing Melody to have to grab hold of his fur to keep from rolling off.

“Stop it!” she fussed at him.

He grinned, “You have to get up if you want me to go see Sani, and I’m hungry.”

She sighed and finally got up. He rose as well and padded outside to make his morning rounds and fetch more firewood. When he returned he was in human form and settled an armful of wood in the basket and worked to rekindle the fire that had died overnight. She saw to breakfast and soon the cabin was warm and filled with the aroma of good food.

Valshar knocked at the door of Sani’s manor and waited. The door opened and he stepped in as the servant greeted him and took his coat. When he turned around he was met by Alexander who scowled at him. He returned the look.

“Manage to get the poor girl killed yet?” Alexander sneered.

Valshar growled and lunged, shifting to wolf form as he did. The attack likely would have removed Alexander’s arm from his shoulder if he were not a vampire and able to move faster than an ordinary human. Valshar rolled slightly as he hit the ground from missing his target. His hind foot kicked one of the pedestals with a fancy vase on top and it began to wobble dangerously.

Sani appeared, seemingly out of thin air in time to rescue the dislodged vase and cleared her throat.

Gentlemen.” She said sternly, and loud enough to get their attention.

They both stopped, still glaring murderously at one another.

“I will not have blood spilled all over my carpet.” She pointedly glared at her husband, “Alexander. Leave. Now. We will discuss this later.”

Alexander began to protest and she took a step toward him. She realized she was still holding the vase which at that moment she very much would have liked to throw at him but decided he wasn’t worth breaking it on.

“Alexander I swear, if you don’t get out of my sight and sober up I will drag you out and stake you out in the sun myself.”

He muttered, but thought better of arguing and turned around to leave. Sani sighed, took a deep breath and straightened the pedestal and placed the vase back where it belonged.

Valshar stood up and dusted himself off as he shifted back to human form. “I am sorry, Sani.”

She shook her head, “So am I, dear Valshar. I heard my husband being an idiot again. But enough of that, come here.”

She hugged him as he stepped closer and they both smiled, “So to what do I owe the pleasure of your visit, and how is Melody?”

Valshar’s smile grew. “She said yes.”

Sani hugged him again and laughed, “Well then, I hardly doubted that she would, but congratulations to you both. I’m very glad to hear it.”

“Thank you, and as to that, she’d like to have a small ceremony of the sort humans have.”

She grinned at him, “And naturally you’re clueless as to what’s needed?”

He sighed and nodded, “Completely and utterly, I haven’t even the whisper of a clue.”

She patted his shoulder and led him into the sitting room and poured herself a glass of wine, and scotch for him.

“Do you have a date picked?”

“As soon as possible I would think, though she didn’t specify. We’re heading back to the pack lands tomorrow for a while, but whatever you think is appropriate.”

Sani smiled and sipped her drink. “That shouldn’t be a problem. I can see to the arrangements.”

“Thank you. Also, one other thing.”

She tilted her head, “What’s that?”

“She would like a horse, and we were wondering if you could send one over tomorrow.”

She caught his obvious dislike for the beasts in his tone, and laughed.

“What?”

“You really don’t like horses do you?”

“Not in the least bit.”

“Why not?”

Valshar drank his scotch and said, quite matter-of-factly, “They have hooves.”

She looked at him, “Most do, yes.”

“You can’t trust anything that has hooves.”

She chuckled again, “Perhaps, but most of them I’ve found are quite trustworthy. Perhaps it is more of a case that they do not trust things that eat things that have hooves.”

He shrugged, “Their own fault for tasting good.”

She laughed hard and shook her head, “Oh Valshar, you are impossible.”

He smirked, “Absolutely.”

“I do hope dear Melody is ready for you.”

“Probably not.” He admitted with a roguish grin.

“Ah well, I’m sure you’ll both figure it out together. I’ll see the horse sent over early morning. Anything else?”

He stood and shook his head, “No, that’ll be all, and I do appreciate all the help, Sani.”

She hugged him, “My pleasure.”

Sani saw him to the door and then disappeared back into the manor to deal with Alexander. Valshar headed back to the cabin, shifting to wolf form once he was well out of the town.
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 2:56 am

By the time Melody heard Valshar's boots approaching the door she was giddy with excitement. The sun was starting to set, and she had spent most of the day packing up her few belongings as well as some food for the trip. "Welcome back!" Melody called out as she tried finishing up the last of the dishes from her mess.

She nearly dropped the plate when she felt arms wrap around her from behind. "You've kept yourself busy, I see." Valshar told her, nuzzling her hair and inhaling every bit of her scent that he could. "Sani will be sending a horse first thing in the morning, so we will have to be up early. It is a lengthy trip that I would like to make in 1 day rather than have to stop for the night."

"As soon as I finish the dishes I will be off to bed then." Melody replied, her excitement returning. She set the plate aside to let it dry. "Everything needed for the trip has been packed, including breakfast and a few other meals. With the amount of food you devour in one sitting we may also need a pack mule."

Melody couldn't see it but she was most certain that Valshar was scowling at the mention of adding another hooved animal to their group. The thought made her giggle and she squealed when he moved to nuzzle her neck. If she didn't know any better she would have thought he was being more bold than before she had accepted his proposal.

"I would rather eat the mule." Valshar grumbled in an honest tone causing her to laugh loudly.

"What ever you do, don't say such things in front of my horse tomorrow."

"And if I did, anyways?"

Melody turned to face him, slapping his shoulder lightly. "If you did I would make you do all of the cooking until we decide a date for the wedding ceremony. Now go, off to bed with you! I still have some cleaning to finish."
Back to top Go down
Nyghtraven
Admin
Nyghtraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 3:30 am

Valshar laughed, hugged her tight once more before stealing a kiss and then heading into the bedroom. He shifted to wolf form and sprawled himself out over the bed, nearly taking up the entire space. When Melody finally came into the room she stopped and sighed at him.

One ear flicked and rotated toward her, and she noticed that muscles twitched beneath his fur.

“How do you manage to sleep?” she asked him as she began trying to shove him over far enough to make room for herself.

He grunted noncommittally and opened one eye at her. “What do you mean?”

She gave up trying to move him and curled up in the space behind his forelegs and leaned her head against his side. “I know you sleep, but it seems like there’s a part of you that doesn’t somehow.”

He grinned, “Programmed paranoia.” He turned his head to nuzzle her, shifting his body just enough to curl more protectively around her. “Wolves have a strong survival instinct so you’re right, a part of my brain never truly sleeps.”

She yawned sleepily, “Well that part better start telling you not to take up the whole bed.”

He chuckled and lay his head back down with a contented sigh.

True to her word, Sani’s servant Edward arrived in the morning with a sturdy, well mannered mare.

“She’s been around wolves before, so unless someone tries to eat her, she shouldn’t spook.” He said as he handed Melody the reins. He turned his gaze pointedly at Valshar, “My Lady also says that if her horse does get eaten, she’ll hold you personally accountable for the cost of replacements.”

Valshar grimaced and eyed the horse, “There’s enough game in the territory that I don’t think anyone will try to eat it. Looks a bit stringy anyways.”

Edward refrained from any further comments and headed back toward Sani’s manor. Valshar helped Melody up on the beast’s back and tied the packs in place. He locked the cabin and then shifted to wolf form and started off toward the pack lands. The day was clear, a bit crisp but pleasant enough for a long trip.

His mind turned back to the word he’d received about the scout from the northern pack. He hadn’t heard any more, but that didn’t mean it wouldn’t happen. He wondered about the Alpha of the pack and if it might still be the same one he knew. His lips curled in disgust as he thought of the grey wolf, but he shook it off before Melody could pick up on anything.
Back to top Go down
Outsanical

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 4:08 am

The ride was quiet for the most part, and started out slow. The horse Melody had been riding seemed sturdier than she had first thought, when Valshar moved from a trot to a casual jog it kept the pace for miles without losing any pace. Other than the occasional red bird and colorful swallow she had not seen anything new in the forest that would keep her attention.

Then her mind started to wander as she glanced at the large black wolf that moved a ways in front of the mare. He would glance back every now and then to make sure that they were both traveling well and it made her smile. Melody was looking forward to the life she would be spending with him; getting married, raising a family, growing old with someone she loved had always been the 'true' happiness her mother wanted her to find.

It was around midday before the mare's stamina started to drop, and Melody slowed her pace down to a walk. Valshar had also slowed down to trot beside them, muttering something about horses tiring too easily under his breath.

Melody couldn't help laughing. "She is a wonderful horse." She defended, reaching around to dig through one of the bags for some bread to snack on. "I wonder if Lady Sani would let me give her to my brother for breeding. We could use more strong mares."

"But that would make them harder to chase down." he replied with a chuckle, knowing that even a stronger mare would still be easy to take down for him and his pack hunters.

She was about to throw a retort at him after turning to dig farther into the bag when something farther into the forest caught her eye. "What on earth is that?" Melody said in slight wonder, pulling on the reigns to stop her horse. Valshar cautiously looked over at her as he stopped as well, his stature now stiff and cautious.

"What's wrong?" He asked quietly as his senses heightened for any potential danger. Melody turned her horse and pointed. "It looks like there's something over at the bast of that tree. It's....red."

"Stay here." Valshar told her sternly and Melody only nodded in response, watching his approach the area. The stench of blood was unmistakable, and the closer he got to the tree another smell reached his nose.

It was a dead wolf, left torn and rotting at the base of the tree in its own blood. It looked to be dead for more than a few days.

"Valshar, what is it?" Melody's voice echoed in the background and Valshar could only stare at the body in shock when he recognized the color of the fur and the smell.

It was Tyroth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Moon (private rp)   Wolf Moon (private rp) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wolf Moon (private rp)
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ascent of the Virulent :: The Scarred Wastelands :: Plague RP-
Jump to: